Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bureaucamping

Periodically, the crushing boredom of office life gets to me. The computer screen burns my eyes. I feel simultaneously exhausted, nauseous, and depressed. Such a time snuck up on me Monday. No amount of chinese football could cure my global malaise. Back and forth we kicked the ball, to no avail. Likewise, hiding coworkers office supplies failed to rouse my spirit. Finally, I seized upon an opportunity presented to me several weeks ago. I'm going to Alaska. A fellow bureaucrat's job called him to Alaska's North Slope and we will rendevous in Anchorage for a weeklong foray into the bush. We have scheduled the trip for August 18th through the 28th. Hopefully, this will rejuvinate my inner bureacrat and get me back to pushing papers in the same ineffectual and slow rate I have always prided myself on.

1 comment:

100YearsOfTrash said...

"A fellow bureaucrat's job called him to Alaska's North Slope and we will rendevous in Anchorage for a weeklong foray into the bush."

will we read about it here or in the post first you deviant sicko?