Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Introducting the Futils

Economic theory measures happiness/satisfaction in utils. Given my profession I have spent a considerable amount of time contemplating a more appropriate unit of measurement. One that accurately captures the crushing monotony of my profession. After careful consideration I determined futils offer the most accurate method of measurement. The graph below portrays the futility one derives from a meeting based on its duration. The graph shows that an extremely short meeting offers limited utility. Very quickly (say 15 minutes) a meeting reaches its peak utility after which utility declines rapidly (futility increases). Until the meeting reaches such absurdity that it offers utility through comedic value.



Although I have yet to prove this formula mathmatically, abundant anecdotal evidence exist to support my theory. Unfortunately the graph portrays futility in utils, which presents obvious consistancy issues. I am currently research methods of portraying this graph in futils.

Over the coming weeks I will further flesh out my theory of futility...

1 comment:

Kevin Brown said...

I need to see the number behind this chart.